Sign in to follow this  
flyfishing3

All guns?

It would be like digital records. A huge PITA but over time you could capture the majority of the data. The more obvious solution is what a lot of states are trying to do now. The green mercury free ammo. The primers start to go bad after 3-5 years. Granted there are a lot of reloaders out there, but they are easy to track and I bet a good number of them are already on the radar.

Problem with this is how many barrels that are out there. Take my Sig. Even if it were factory printed I have 4 other barrels for it. How would you address that? I guess you could print the firing pins, but they are not as unique. Then there is the more obvious solution. Chemically tag the propellant. Again reloader and pros would get around this, but most of the 7=11 shootings are not pros or reloader.

[quote name='flyfishing3' timestamp='1328670462' post='38']i guess that is a form of gun control.ammo cost $10 a round, that'll fixem.[/quote]Ok now drop the michttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuX-nFmL0II

[quote name='flyfishing3' timestamp='1329316283' post='70']do we need gun control or gun lobbyest control?[/quote]If we have that who is gonna shoot the EPA if they manage to regulate cigars?

Lets skip the TCA for now and just look at stupid stuff like this. Here is how Flyfishing likes it:[i]The owner of a discount store in Brooklyn says the city is holding him up for $30,000 in fines he can’t afford — all because he stocked six toy sheriff sets that included plastic guns.[/i][i]And now the .44-caliber fines for the orange-tipped, obvious fakes are forcing him to close for good.[/i][i]“It doesn’t make any sense,” said Khaled Mohamed, 23, manager of 99¢ Target in Flatlands, which has been ordered to pay a staggering $5,000 fine for each gun offered for sale — the maximum under the law.[/i]

[quote name='flyfishing3' timestamp='1329421387' post='78']you're worth it lolget rid of all guns and you get rid of this type of problem. toy guns for everybody[/quote]I'll bite. Why do you think toy firearms are banned?

toy guns are not banned AFAIK, they now have to be crazy colored, or have the orange tips.responsible gun owners were never the problem, its the people that associate status, heirarchy etc with guns in their wastebands.i think going to the CLUB and your gun slipping in your sweat pants, shoting yourself in the leg. its darwinism at its finest, but having/needing that gun should not be neccessary.

[quote name='flyfishing3' timestamp='1329570873' post='83']toy guns are not banned AFAIK, they now have to be crazy colored, or have the orange tips.responsible gun owners were never the problem, its the people that associate status, heirarchy etc with guns in their wastebands.i think going to the CLUB and your gun slipping in your sweat pants, shoting yourself in the leg. its darwinism at its finest, but having/needing that gun should not be neccessary.[/quote]Go read up on New York law and how many store owners are facing massive fines.

What would happen if you made ownership mandatory? Like the town in Georgia. You wouldnt roll the dice on a home invasion if Granny had a 45.Lets start here, shall we? Shooting is just plain old fun as all get out, I mean its theraputic for me to hit targets accurately, drill myself in shoot and move, multiple targets etc. Its a physical game I play, sharpens my reflexes, and focus, situational awareness. I'm tired and sore after 300-500 rounds. I spend time lifting weights and and calisthenics specifically so I can handle my rifle and pistol accurately and safely.If your a fat shit that can't out run a bad guy, you have bigger issues than being able to handle your weapons properly.For me its a sport, I am trainng to enter IPSCA and 3-gun competitions. I say again, I just plain old dig shooting. I have been doing it in various forms since 1979. Take my Dad. He didnt start shooting till I got back from Basic Trianing, 32 yrs ago. He's 72 and competes in Olympic bulls eye shoots. It requires a steady hand, breathing techniques and a custom SW 41. He does his own gunsmithing, and trigger jobs.On the SD side, he carries, and has thwarted a would be mugger on his way home from work. He's the best shooter I know. Now its common ground for us. Irony? He graduated from Yale in 1969, and is a pure bread lefty. His hobbies are restoring old cars, gardening, cooking French food, playing Hawiian Guitar, and shooting. Atypiclal I say, talk about killing a stereo type. I bet he's never been to Walmart..you should not be such a biggot Mike! LOLOL.Any gun control outside the 2500 laws already on the books limits the rights of law abiding licensed citizens. I can bet you my house I can get an illegal gun in Washington Square Park in NYC, just by sitting on a bench and waiting. Not looking or asking any one anything, the man will come up to me. I know this cuz its happend to me 3 times in the last 30 yrs. I got some badass sinsemilian instead...

oh i enjoy shooting some stuff and all. i'm not opposed to hunting in the least( or at least eat what you hunt) i don't even care if we did away with hunting seasons.i'm not for hand guns, auto's. there is not a practical purpose other than shooting somebody else IMO.

I get ya, but I cnat recall any homecides or even self defense shootings with full auto weapons. I need to search for stats on legal hand gun shootings not involviong self defesn or justifieds.I do know [i]Alcohol[/i]-impaired drivers* are involved in about 1 in 3 crash [i]deaths[/i], resulting in nearly 11000 [i]deaths[/i] in 2009, thats from the CDC. In the U.S. for 2006, Homicide 12,791 for ALL firearms. You for banning cars now too? They are licensed in 3 or 4 different ways. 13,000 average per year on accidental falls. Now I wish they would list stats for lives saved by legal ownership of firearms.Skeet, trap, 3-gun competitions (The hitech weaponry are even called RACE guns), Practical pistol competions, long distance target shoots, Biathalons, Olympic bullseye etc, are enjoyed by millions of people around the world. Theres un trained idiots every where, and illegal ownership of automobiles, weapons, kerosene heaters, poisonous and invasive species...its hard for me to take cherry pickers serioulsy. You can be influenced by propaganda on anything. SHit how much property damge and death is PETA and the rest of the Animal Rights Nazis responsible for? I dont kow any onw hwo owns or carries illegally, and everyone of them is a safety nut. And profficient with ther weapons. We are not hood rats, gang banging and shooting up the streets, we hit what we aim at, and nothing else. You got issues with illegal ownership? So do I. It tarnsihes my hobby/ sport and the folks I participate safely with. ANd to close, money from ammo and firearms purchases, hunting clothing tree stands decosy and calls and hunitng licenses goes to habitat protection, law enforcemnt and wildlife management that would be impossible with tax dollars alone. No other activity is as self sustaining as fishing and hunting and shooting sports.

[quote name='flyfishing3' timestamp='1330192848' post='106']oh i enjoy shooting some stuff and all.i'm not opposed to hunting in the least( or at least eat what you hunt) i don't even care if we did away with hunting seasons.i'm not for hand guns, auto's. there is not a practical purpose other than shooting somebody else IMO.[/quote]While I would never agree with your opinion of handguns or you wanting any form of registration process.This is the USA,and your free to express your opinions.I'm a firm believer that as long as our government lets criminals have any rights at all,we will just continue with the downward spiral that this country has been in for many decades.The founding fathers of this great country gave us the 2nd Amendment for a reason,so the citizens can have the ability to protect themselves from criminals,and the government themselves.Although,I think they are one in the same anymore.This government doesn't govern the people anymore,they are trying to rule the people which is called a Dictatorship.People need to read the Constitution of the United States of America.The First 3 words are We The People,not We The Government,and we need to retake control of our country before it's too late.The only things that need to be banned in my eyes are Criminals,Lawyers,and Politicians.I would never register a gun,or get a CCW permit.The 2nd Amendment gives me the Right to Bear Arms,and I use that right everyday.As far as having no use for a handgun,I hunt with them quite often. Just my opinion!

Flyfishing is a crazy hippie, but I think having both sides on a site is actually good for it. You start hearing the same side for too long and you start to slide even more to the right, or left. Personally I think half the NRA is out of their minds, but I also think Brady and the rest are just as cracked. The truth, moderate most palatable answer, is probably somewhere in the middle. Neither side will give an inch however as it would lead to a larger erosion in right of the people, reach of the government.No matter what your stance is, I think anyone who is "adult" enough to own a firearm, should be adult enough to hear the other side. Same goes for anyone so adamant about the banning of an item, should be willing to hear the other side and respect the person behind it even if he does not respect the ideas they at times stand for. Welcome to the site Hillbilly.All that said do you carry a pistol concealed in public? If so aside from being a violation of the Texas Chapter 411 I would also say you are not qualified to own a firearm as you are in violation of TX CH 411.172.7

[quote name='Txhillbilly' timestamp='1330407541' post='127']While I would never agree with your opinion of handguns or you wanting any form of registration process.This is the USA,and your free to express your opinions.I'm a firm believer that as long as our government lets criminals have any rights at all,we will just continue with the downward spiral that this country has been in for many decades.The founding fathers of this great country gave us the 2nd Amendment for a reason,so the citizens can have the ability to protect themselves from criminals,and the government themselves.Although,I think they are one in the same anymore.This government doesn't govern the people anymore,they are trying to rule the people which is called a Dictatorship.People need to read the Constitution of the United States of America.The First 3 words are We The People,not We The Government,and we need to retake control of our country before it's too late.The only things that need to be banned in my eyes are Criminals,Lawyers,and Politicians.I would never register a gun,or get a CCW permit.The 2nd Amendment gives me the Right to Bear Arms,and I use that right everyday.As far as having no use for a handgun,I hunt with them quite often. Just my opinion![/quote]oh i hear you, and i'm glad we have the right to discuss such things.while growing up, i was not in a gun environment. My dad was a hunter, but while i was a child. A family friend was shot and killed while hunting. This kind of created my frame of reference for all guns. that is the exception i know.I'm a big fisherman, and i'm good with that.Hand guns are an unnecessary evil IMO. If everybody has one, whats the point?i just want people to be careful and keep them away from bad elements.