Sign in to follow this  
flyfishing3

All guns?

Handgun cary is necessary because...I cant sling a 9 shot 12 gauge over my shoulder on teh way to the bank.

I may never carry when my permit comes in, but I reserve the right to. Its also a preemptive strike against any future atempt to cancel my rights, by executive order or judicial activism. I'm hedging, that if this goes down, the good ol' granfather clasue will be in effect.

"Gun Ownership Mandatory In Kennesaw, Georgia
Crime Rate Plummets
by Chuck Baldwin
The New American magazine reminds us that March 25th marked the 16th anniversary of Kennesaw, Georgia's ordinance requiring heads of households (with certain exceptions) to keep at least one firearm in their homes.
The city's population grew from around 5,000 in 1980 to 13,000 by 1996 (latest available estimate). Yet there have been only three murders: two with knives (1984 and 1987) and one with a firearm (1997). After the law went into effect in 1982, crime against persons plummeted 74 percent compared to 1981, and fell another 45 percent in 1983 compared to 1982.
And it has stayed impressively low. In addition to nearly non-existent homicide (murders have averaged a mere 0.19 per year), the annual number of armed robberies, residential burglaries, commercial burglaries, and rapes have averaged, respectively, 1.69, 31.63, 19.75, and 2.00 through 1998.
With all the attention that has been heaped upon the lawful possession of firearms lately, you would think that a city that requires gun ownership would be the center of a media feeding frenzy. It isn't. The fact is I can't remember a major media outlet even mentioning Kennesaw. Can you?
The reason is obvious. Kennesaw proves that the presence of firearms actually improves safety and security. This is not the message that the media want us to hear. They want us to believe that guns are evil and are the cause of violence.
The facts tell a different story. What is even more interesting about Kennesaw is that the city's crime rate decreased with the simple knowledge that the entire community was armed. The bad guys didn't force the residents to prove it. Just knowing that residents were armed prompted them to move on to easier targets. Most criminals don't have a death wish.
There have been two occasions in my own family when the presence of a handgun averted potential disaster. In both instances the gun was never aimed at a person and no shot was fired."

Oh baby, I love it when a plan comes together...[url="http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1818862/posts"]http://www.freerepub...s/1818862/posts[/url] link to complete article and data. Don't ask me to dig up the Prof. James Lott/ Chicago University research paper/ book, this could turn into a blow out....

LOL. Old stats. I lived in Acworth and worked in Kennesaw in the last 90s early 2000s. Its a shit hole now. In the 80s and early 90s it was in the boonies. Its basically ATL now.

Ewww. I spent 4 days in Atlanta, couldnt stand it. Only stops now are transfers to other airports...

I am heading to Alabama soon. 3 days after I get back from 4 days in Manhattan. From the sublime to the ridiculous.

I wish I could get some free time, and make friends with a couple of the good ol boys. My travels will be taking me to NC, Georgia, and Alabama, you know those guys got some great fishing holes, and shooting areas.

what took you so long. I was waiting for you....

the guy stalked the kid and broke all the applicable laws. He ignored police orders to not follow him. He would have beat him with a baseball bat instead. Or his $4000 field grade Bianchi pheasant gun. Or stabbed him with a steak knife. This was gonna happen without the gun. Maybe the guy never should havebeen allowed to get a handgun. I'm sure we will here more about the minutiae of this case in the comoing weeks.

Very sad. I am mortified this guy has not been prosecuted. I AM OUTRAGED BY THE RESAPNSE OF LAW ENFORCEMENT IN THIS CASE. The sheriff has resigned also. But 20 kids got shot this week by illegal means in inner cities and no one is protesting about it.

ANd he was not a little boy, you make it sound like he was 9 yrs old.

Chuck told you I'd be Draconian.

this isn't the report i was looking for, but kind of confirms the numbers we were talking about.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/jan/13/frank-lautenberg/frank-lautenberg-says-us-has-9500-gun-murders-year/

Weak argument for you Mike. I expect better. Look at raw homicide numbers. US is about double what the UK is not 1000% like the article would lead you to believe. You have to take into account the size of our population. All that said US is among the lowest in the world for knife murders. So if we need better gun control Canada needs knife control? Also take a look at numbers for countries that ban firearms. Look 10 years before the bans and 10 years after. In 20 years there is no difference in murder rates or very little. Its the culture. Also the numbers they are citing include suicides. Buddy screwed up your states numbers :lol:

The next issue is the conviction of the alleged shooter by the hippy press. MSNBC has allowed Rev Al to incite mayhem, if this case gets tossed. The Fat Bastard revels in this kind of issue, he has no cause celeb without it. He has no identity with out it. Jesse Jackson soon to follow I suspect. CNN is no better.

And no one yet knows all the facts of this thing. NO ONE. Will NBC take responsibility if this thing doesn't go 'their way', and this turns into a Rodney King deal with billions in property damage (all to the infrastructure that supports the community they live in) , and 58 innocent dead?

How bout these dooshes shut the fuck up and let the Special Prosecutor do her job? How about not tainting the jury pool? Zimmerman still has rights, or you better hope so.

abc doctoring the tapes etc. the press is out of control some i agree.

the REV is no longer fat. he actually looks sickly thin. He's lost a ton of weight very quickly. also, either way, this isn't the first time the REV has fired up people and it turning out to be totally false. i do not believe thats the case here, but in the past he's done it.

i actually like the REV more than JESSE.