Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tanker

Just filed my CCW paperwork with CLEO

Finally. CT is a pain but its not too hard to get it done if your not a felon. It will take 8-12 weeeks due to man power shortages at State Police.I have my mind set on an MP9. I went thru a bunch of ammo with my friends pistols, Glocks, HK, Sig. I am a 1911 guy from back when it was an issue side arm for tank crew members.The S&W seemed the closest feel over all. I may have to do some trigger work but that wont happen until I dump a few rouonds thru the new purchase. Trigger does need get ing used to but I'v fire 3 different ones with varying degrees of work done on them, APEX parts. So I wont make a judgement based on borrowed guns.Mean while I'm looking for a good price on one, any input would be aprreciated. Looks like Quantico Tactical plus a retired military rebate from S&W gets me in around $350 before FFL and shipping.Actualy, Its not a CCW permit, CT does not have statute that requires concealed carry. Discreet would be a better term.

The existing paper reqs for CT are almost onerous, Mike. This should saitisfy even you. 2 sets of prints one for the FBI, one for the CT SP. An FBI background check. A questionaire about your history, if you lie on it and found to purjure yourself, charges can and will result. If you check yes for prior military you must provide a copy of your DD214, a document that proves service and seperation from service, so they can check your behavior and recoprds in uniform.. A copy of your birth certificate. Passport picture. And after your done with that anal probe, the local COP must approve it. It then goes to the CT SP. total cost = about $200. Then I get to purchase with out wait times. Not my idea of Constitutional. THe best aprt about my DD214, it states I qualified with a 45 caliber M1911A1 service pistol. I should have gotten aurtomatic instantaneous approval with out the other bullshit. Before I seperated I estimated I had about 5000 .45 ACP rounds down range, assembled and disasembled my firearm for cleaning maintanance and blindfolded approximately 150 times. mY fianl qualification on a knockdwon combat range I scored a 50 out of 49. Thast right, I kncoked down 50 targets with 49 rounds, hiting 2 targets with one round, angled to my right, I hit the close target thru the chest and the back one in the neck. DI's thought I fucked up or another shooter hit my target.

My next move is a muolti state permit, good in 34 other states. The ones that dont fall in line? You guessed it, hippy commie states. Cali, Mass, RI, NJ, NY, Illinois, hmmm and some wierd one like Nebraska. Oh and DC. I'm missing one or 2 so I'll go with Warshington, and Oh-Reegon cuz heroin is on their minds.SO if your poor you cant afford to get a permit the $200 is prohibitive. Thats exclusionary/ discriminatory, there fore un- Constitutional.CT State Constitution sez in regards to gun ownership:[size=5][color=#000000][b]SEC. 15. Every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state[/b].[/color][/size] VerbatimThats as straight forward as it gets, and as far from reality as it gets.

Lol, you really stick to your position no mattter how tennuous don't you? You are my favorite hippy of all time.Let's hope Travis gets it going again this year so you can bring meYuengling, and we won't talk politics and social issues! And I'll leave my carry piece locked in the car. With out the magazine. IN a lock box. Hermetically sealed in a mayonaise jar, with biometric finger print locks.